Copper in invertebrate tank (solid not liquid)

littlehermit0

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2024
Messages
412
Reaction score
113
Location
France
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So basically I have an aquarium chiller, that water normally enters inside and comes out cold, but I was thinking about copper rods with that, copper is excellent for thermal stuff, it can be really cold but I don't know if it can harm the inverts in my tank (I have no fish), sometimes when I put something containing copper here's a white substance on it that disappears after some time, after that It becomes oxidized sadly, but I still wanted to try that I believe mine will not do something like that
 
So basically I have an aquarium chiller, that water normally enters inside and comes out cold, but I was thinking about copper rods with that, copper is excellent for thermal stuff, it can be really cold but I don't know if it can harm the inverts in my tank (I have no fish), sometimes when I put something containing copper here's a white substance on it that disappears after some time, after that It becomes oxidized sadly, but I still wanted to try that I believe mine will not do something like that
You need a chiller made with a stainless steel or titanium heat exchanger. Copper is going to kill everything at some point.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new