Check your RO/DI source. I had an issue like that a few years ago - saw the copper result on my Hanna checker and followed up with an ICP, which confirmed copper at roughly the same levels as the Hanna result. It took multiple ICP tests to isolate the source, but eventually figured it out.
The source of it ended up being my RO/DI system. The piping in my home is mostly good, but it will occasionally release high quantities of sediment at once. My RO system wasn't robust enough to catch the initial spray of sediment, but after about 30 seconds or so it would work itself out. Over time, a small but non-zero amount of copper had built up in my RO reservoir, and as my ATO topped off my system, small doses of copper built up over time to an actual low-level toxicity.
I solved the problem just by letting the RO run for about a minute or so before using it. It's been my standard practice since then, and I've not had a repeat of the issue (or of the copper readings) since I made that change.