Copper or not?

marcus aurelius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just added a Solhal and a white tail tang to my 75 gallon QT tank. Both fish are looking great. They did come from my LFS. I have added a few PVC pieces with a xpot block from my sump.
Do I still treat with copper even with out seeing any signs of infection? I will post pictures later. TIA

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I just added a Solhal and a white tail tang to my 75 gallon QT tank. Both fish are looking great. They did come from my LFS. I have added a few PVC pieces with a xpot block from my sump.
Do I still treat with copper even with out seeing any signs of infection? I will post pictures later. TIA
Sorry I do not understand. The recommendations here are treat every fish you add with copper and prazipro. Some would say 'observe' the protocol here is treat first to avoid problems later.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Assume all fish have something on them. Especially velvet and flukes are unnoticed until it has progressed. Last thing you want to do is pop them into display to see something a week or two later and leaving yourself unable to place any fish in display 6-8 weeks.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
What exactly is that? Just curious - related to the OP's question?
Same protocol we recommend but one jumping between forums with outside info to confuse others

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our current quarantine protocol is the first post in this thread:
Jay

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 11 9.8%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 48 42.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 52 46.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back