Copper Power SDS

RobberyinCSharp1824

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have or can find a Copper Power SDS? I am unable to find one on the mfg'er's website; I've only found info on Copper(II) Sulfate from other websites such as Fisher, which I assume are quite different since most of theirs are reagent grade. TIA.

OP
OP
RobberyinCSharp1824

RobberyinCSharp1824

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you trying to determine from it?
Primarily health effects but additional PPE would help. I always use gloves when I am working with my tank treated with copper, but I realize that when I do things like feed my fish and thaw out food with tank water, I'm not. I'm trying to get a baseline for how paranoid and cautious I need to be.

Edit: likewise, when doing water changes or draining the tank, I have had some water droplets splash on me. I have no idea if me rinsing profusely like a maniac is overkill

Last edited:

Courtney Aldrich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have or can find a Copper Power SDS? I am unable to find one on the mfg'er's website; I've only found info on Copper(II) Sulfate from other websites such as Fisher, which I assume are quite different since most of theirs are reagent grade. TIA.
Copper is not particularly toxic to humans, unless swallowed. Copper is an essential trace element in humans and you would need to ingest about a gram to observe overt toxicity (we consume 10-100 mg each day from our diet). An entire 4 oz bottle of Copper Power contains less than 1 gram of copper (II).

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back