Copper power with Prazipro

Bensonthefish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's to share my experience. 3 of my new fish are in quarantine for 14 days at 1.85ppm copper power. All 3 (regal, desjardini, powder blue tang) are all eating well. After 14 days, the desjardini started twitching and swimming against the flow. I could not see any white spots like velvet or ich. Then he was on his side the next day so I treated with freshwater bath but he did not make it after. So research continues and no article I could find if prazipro can get mixed with copper power in case on flukes.it justvsaid it's okay but not recommended. I didn't want to lose my 2 remaining fish. It's hard to find a regal that eats all types of food. If I wait to remove copper, it might be too late so I went ahead and added the prazipro. Happy to say that both are doing better. The powder blue was almost going next but he appears to have recovered after the prazipro. Anyway that's my experience in this stressful and expensive but rewarding hobby.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried this in fish before with no issue. I have mixed medicines in copper since we don't have a non copper qt tank at my part time lfs job and its either try it or let the fish die.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back