Copper/prazi with printed pteg

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shnetts
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Shnetts

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 11, 2024
Messages
1,261
Reaction score
2,139
Location
Nowhere
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Does copper or prazi have any interaction with 3d printed pteg?
 
Does copper or prazi have any interaction with 3d printed pteg?

All plastics that I'm familiar with that are food safe are also safe to use in aquariums when treated with amine-chelated copper or praziquantel. I can't speak to ionic copper though.......
 
Does copper or prazi have any interaction with 3d printed pteg?

All plastics that I'm familiar with that are food safe are also safe to use in aquariums when treated with amine-chelated copper or praziquantel. I can't speak to ionic copper though.......
It’s chelated. Cool thank you!
 
Praziquantil will likely bind to any plastic from seawater since it is quite hydrophobic. That doesn’t necessarily mean it is any problem since the surface area of plastics is generally not high and a monolayer bound is a small amount.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new