Copper QT with Oodonex possible overdose?

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be taking this issue further. It was a terrible easter weekend for us - we lost our fish which we had grown very attached to. By the way I tested 3 different copper tests (Hannah, Salifert and Seachem) and got similar results with all. I believe Oodonex to be dangerous and the dosage on the label to be completely incorrect.
Sorry to hear that.

There is another product on the aussie market called Quarantine which is equally dangerous and should be avoided.

The root cause of the problem is the inability obtaining proven copper medication locally due to import restrictions.

Unfortunately, the supplier will probably blame the fish mortality on the disease rather than on their product and it would be pretty much impossible to prove otherwise.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Aquasonic oodinex is copper sulfate. There is Copper Power available in Aussie as well as Seachem Cupramine

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquasonic oodinex is copper sulfate. There is Copper Power available in Aussie as well as Seachem Cupramine
Neither are legally available in Australia :)

That's not to say they are not available 'under the counter' if you know someone, but Amazon US is a better bet even though some items are blocked by Border control.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Neither are legally available in Australia :)

That's not to say they are not available 'under the counter' if you know someone, but Amazon US is a better bet even though some items are blocked by Border control.
Makes sense. It was 2 years ago but regulations change constantly. Always nice to see you online

Cheers !

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back