Copper safe and these fish choices

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I have a diamond sandsiftinf goby and a long nosed hawk fish in qt. They have finished Prazipro and now the water changes have been done. What’s your experience with copper safe at 2ppm with these two guys?
Thanks

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hey everyone. I have a diamond sandsiftinf goby and a long nosed hawk fish in qt. They have finished Prazipro and now the water changes have been done. What’s your experience with copper safe at 2ppm with these two guys?
Thanks
Coppersafe at 2ppm is safest copper choice and close to therapeutic level of 2.25-2.5 and should be safe range. Typical treatment for parasite is full 30 days and your plan should be safe

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I concur with vetteguy. I have both of these fish and I used Copper Power (similar to Copper Safe) at 2.50 ppm for 30 days QT with no problem at all.

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks guys. Just wanted to make sure. My problem. Now is a bacteria bloom so I’ve installed uv and a bubbler ammonia is less than .25. I added prime. Hey wait is prime abs copper bad????

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just relalized from humble fish prime is bad with copper. I will do a msssive water change. This makes sense to the water Getting cloudy

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, prime can be used with copper power.

You generally don't want to use Primer with copper based products, but its more dangerous to use it with cupramine than with coppersafe or copper power. Do not use it with cupramine. you can generally get a way with using it with copper safe or copper power though.

it is not recommended to use it with copper products, but you are probably fine in this case.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 24 22.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 77 72.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.7%
Back