Copper treatment advice

Daniel225

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short got ich in DT plan is to QT and go fallow…. The plan was for copper treatment more specifically Cupramine but non available here in the UK at them moment so I went for a product called NT labs anti-parasite I will use this in conduction with NT labs anti-bacterial and freq RO dips my problem with the anti-parasite copper is I can’t understand the bloody instructions (see pic attached) doing my own research it’s common to maintain levels above 2.0ppm and spit this into a few days and not aim for 2ppm on day 1 however these instructions seem to be more of a (dose regularly X amount for every x amount of L) no indication of ”maintain a level of X ppm“ or “only treat in copper for x amount of days” I know the answer already but do I blindly follow these “instructions“ or go for tried and tested raise copper to 2.0ppm minimum over 3-4 days and maintain it for 14days then 100% WC?

…. I would be interested if anyone has used this in the past after looking online (here,YT,google…etc) seems to be no real reviews about it 0 videos about it is it new or just a UK product maybe? Who’s to say I certainly have no idea

OP
OP
Daniel225

Daniel225

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NT LABS copper instructions

Attachments

• 50E5BC22-6D9C-49F6-8BFD-7B4D346D263B.jpeg
    50E5BC22-6D9C-49F6-8BFD-7B4D346D263B.jpeg
    296 KB · Views: 21

NewCaliCaptives

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my 0.02 (which doesn’t mean much) would be the traditional route, def want to maintain therapeutic throughout the course as far as i’ve seen. Also would probably be worth seeing what type of copper it is since that will affect the dosage.

OP
OP
Daniel225

Daniel225

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my 0.02 (which doesn’t mean much) would be the traditional route, def want to maintain therapeutic throughout the course as far as i’ve seen. Also would probably be worth seeing what type of copper it is since that will affect the dosage.
Is 0.02 enough to kill ich? The copper is copper sulfate formaldehyde should it still be maintained for 14days or longer?

NewCaliCaptives

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh that is just a saying “my two cents” sorry for the confusion. :grinning-face-with-sweat: That is ionic copper so your wiggle room on what’s considered theraputic and lethal is very very tight. I would stick with a chelated form of copper like copper power. Also, get a hanna checker to ensure you’re at the right strength and consistently. @Humblefish is gonna be who you want to listen to and had a ton of good write ups on here and on humble.fish

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back