OP
Syntax1235

Syntax1235

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have access to live brine shrimp or SA pellets. The cb continues to eat black worms but refuses all other food. The Anthias still isn't eating, been 7 days. I'm going to try to get some fish eggs today.

Both fish look clean. I completed my 3rd transfer yesterday.

M&M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have bright light over your tank? Squareback anthias is deepwater fish, I got all my hard to keep anthias to eat with medium flow and no light at the beginning. Just ambient light. If yours is unsettled and jumpy, it is not comfortable and will not eat. Put some plastic structure or a plant in there so it can hide. Mix different size frozen food together and let your anthias pick what she likes. Small mysis, fish eggs and brine shrimp are favorites of mine.

OP
OP
Syntax1235

Syntax1235

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have bright light over your tank? Squareback anthias is deepwater fish, I got all my hard to keep anthias to eat with medium flow and no light at the beginning. Just ambient light. If yours is unsettled and jumpy, it is not comfortable and will not eat. Put some plastic structure or a plant in there so it can hide. Mix different size frozen food together and let your anthias pick what she likes. Small mysis, fish eggs and brine shrimp are favorites of mine.

Good question. I am only using ambient light. The Anthias is pacing back and forth constantly at the back of the tank, he has stopped jumping. The tanks are painted black on the sides and back. I had some pvc elbows but they may have been too small. I just replaced them with a 1.5 inch 90 degree elbow.

I've recently started to see if both fish would eat what I feed the display... a frozen mixture of mixed frozen food from my lfs. This food has lots of stuff including shrimp, fish, clams, seaweed, eggs, garlic, mysis, brine, rotifers etc.... no luck yet.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you get live black worms? Can I get them at a bait store ? My LFS don't have them.

You can order from California black worms which supplies lfs anyway. Not cheap but if you can find a way to house them that works for you they are great. I house June in a cycled fresh water flat with a 5g bucket sump. In my garage.

Live black worms are not working for the cb. The Anthias ate a couple and then lost interest. The cb swims enthusiastically when the worms are in the water, but doesn't eat them.

Any ideas?

Was going to advise but i see they worked for you. Usually takes a couple days in a row before the fish figure out what they are. Once they get it figured out its fantastic.

OP
OP
Syntax1235

Syntax1235

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: I put the fish in the display last night after tt and prazi course. The Anthias ate this afternoon after being in the display for less than a day. Both fish are swimming around and getting along with their new tank mates

cd7bbb48b5a3ce0cc88f54849ddf6342.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back