Copperband butterfly with gem tang?

Ishai Thatcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!
I was wondering about what people’s experience with mixing zebrasoma tangs with copperband butterfly fish was. Anyone think it’ll work? I currently have a small blue tang and a gem tang, in addition to a lot of other fish in my 120 gal sps tank. I would love to get a copperband, they are a great challenge. I just don’t wanna fail because of fish aggression, I only want to worry about getting it eating.

OP
OP
Ishai Thatcher

Ishai Thatcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Note: the gem tang is about 3 inches, the blue tang is about 1.5 inches, and the copperband I want is 6.5 inches.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine with a yellow but the Copperband was there first and he isn’t afraid to tell the tang to bugger off.

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a copper band with 3 yellows and a purple in my 180 no issues other than the tangs are far more aggressive feeders and I need to feed heavy in order to make sure the copper band gets some.

OP
OP
Ishai Thatcher

Ishai Thatcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine with a yellow but the Copperband was there first and he isn’t afraid to tell the tang to bugger off.
So far my gem tang seems pretty peaceful, but there aren’t any conspecific fish in the tank with him. I’m hoping because the butterfly is so much bigger it will be okay. Besides my gem already has my ghost ribbon eels to worry about lol.

OP
OP
Ishai Thatcher

Ishai Thatcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a copper band with 3 yellows and a purple in my 180 no issues other than the tangs are far more aggressive feeders and I need to feed heavy in order to make sure the copper band gets some.
Awesome! That sounds like an epic tank! I’m encouraged to try the copperband now.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back