Copperband butterfly

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jayden K
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I dunno, IMO a lot of issues are solved if the fish is eating in the first place …while it might be stressful to “re-home” in home , but that tank sounds more “cozy” even if smaller and temporary …

…your tube worms will disappear in short order… Problem I had was my CBB actually had too much natural food in the tank and I had a difficult time getting him trained to commercial foods…YMMV

30g might be a lil cramped… might be worth a shot
Added: after it’s quarantined of course…maybe train it then …
Btw he is eating, however, I heard they stop after being transported. I will see how big he is, maybe it will be a good grow out tank.
 
I have only ever had two copperbands, but the first one I had for 5 or 6 years - he dies form some sort of tumar in his gill. The the one i have now is going on 7 years with me.

If it is already eating, then you're waaay ahead of the curve. I've kept mine happy and healthy by feeding frozen foods (mostly LRS Reef nano) and whenever possible, feeding twice per day.

If you can keep it healthy, its a very hardy fish. It's the addition of stress to an underfed copperband that can easily do them in. So, if the tank is smaller, lieminee (only 134-gallons ccube) then tankmates matter.

I will also hand feed him once in a whiel to ensure he gets his fill - its cool because you'll get to see him up close and eventually, they may even let you pet them :)



20240809_112012.jpg
 
Curious how ur copperband is doing? I got one a couple weeks ago, he eats mussels on the shell right now but won't eat anything else even live blackworms. I'm trying to freeze mysis into the shell but he seems to pick around it.
Any other tips people suggest. Also tried mastic in the shell and also eats around it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new