Copperband eating pellets?

reefrage

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 18, 2026
Messages
16
Reaction score
6
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anybody have a Copperband that eats pellets? i've been thinking of getting one but heard they are hard to feed.
 
I had to ask the seller what specific food they fed the Copperband because it's a really picky eater. Frozen mysis and artemia is pretty much the only stuff he touches. I tried various worms, fish eggs, cockles, masstick pase, artemia-based paste, many different mixed frozen food products... it's insane how picky it is. You really have to get lucky with the individual fish to get it to eat something like pellets in my opinion. Even specialized feeding stations so the fish associates a specific thing with food that he likes and can eat all on his own without being disturbed doesn't convince him to eat something else. It's been quite frustrating 😅
 
I had to ask the seller what specific food they fed the Copperband because it's a really picky eater. Frozen mysis and artemia is pretty much the only stuff he touches. I tried various worms, fish eggs, cockles, masstick pase, artemia-based paste, many different mixed frozen food products... it's insane how picky it is. You really have to get lucky with the individual fish to get it to eat something like pellets in my opinion. Even specialized feeding stations so the fish associates a specific thing with food that he likes and can eat all on his own without being disturbed doesn't convince him to eat something else. It's been quite frustrating 😅
may not be the fish for me! 😆
 
I will say this, my CBB has almost eradicated my bristle worm population. Not that I care but I had quite the population and didn’t mind because I believe they are good cuc. He is a night prowler and makes sense because blood worms and bristle worms look similar. Not the reason I got him but no harm no foul in my book
 
Mine only ate live or frozen food. Wasn’t a problem until I had to go away for two weeks and feed with a dry food autofeeder. The AF4 feeder wasn’t on the market yet but is a possible solution now. I’ve never heard of a Copperband eating dry food.
 
My CBB only eats the frozen mysis and brine shrimp I feed the tank. When I feed pellets to the tank he ignores them.
 
Mine only ate live or frozen food. Wasn’t a problem until I had to go away for two weeks and feed with a dry food autofeeder. The AF4 feeder wasn’t on the market yet but is a possible solution now. I’ve never heard of a Copperband eating dry food.
did he survive while you where away? w
 
My CBB only eats the frozen mysis and brine shrimp I feed the tank. When I feed pellets to the tank he ignores them.
bummer! i thought maybe somebody would have had success with this
 
bummer! i thought maybe somebody would have had success with this
I'll watch today when I feed pellets and see if it has gone over. But even if it did, it's such a long shot, it's not something you can count on. So far 100% of the people who have responded have no, their CBB doesn't eat pellets.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new