Copperband from Live Aquaria

Eggpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen 1 on Divers den in the last few months and hardly see any at the LFS. I want to order one from Live Aquaria, but want opinions on whether Indonesia is a better choice than Singapore. Has anyone order the Copperband from live aquaria?

Thanks

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are going to try one, get a supply of NFG powder. And start dosing as soon as you have acclimated the fish. Once they start to show those "red sores or reddish areas" they are already too far gone to save. Beautiful fish. Really like them a lot.

Instigate

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a fish you want to see in person and confirm it's healthy and eating before purchase. Maybe, MAYBE try getting one from an online source with an excellent reputation such as Divers Den or NY Aquatics. But if it was me, I would want to get it from a LFS.

OP
OP
Eggpaul

Eggpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a fish you want to see in person and confirm it's healthy and eating before purchase. Maybe, MAYBE try getting one from an online source with an excellent reputation such as Divers Den or NY Aquatics. But if it was me, I would want to get it from a LFS.

I got one from the lfs and he started eating. But the. Within a few days developed that sore, and it got bigger, then he died. The lfs said they can order one for me, but I feel like at least with live aquaria I get a 14 day gaurantee?

Instigate

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one from the lfs and he started eating. But the. Within a few days developed that sore, and it got bigger, then he died. The lfs said they can order one for me, but I feel like at least with live aquaria I get a 14 day gaurantee?
Bacterial infection is very common in these fish, that's why Big G is suggesting prophylactic treatment with antibiotics. If it were me, I would not be in a hurry with this fish. I wouldn't have the LFS order one because then I would feel like I have to buy it regardless. I would just wait till they happen to get one in and watch it for a few days, make sure it eats well. You could have them order it but with the warning that you wont be buying it unless it's healthy and eating.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not had luck with them when purchased from Live Aquaria. my best luck was seeing a pair in a tank at a local store. one was being quite aggressive to the other so i bought the mean one. I had TONS of aptasia and it ate that for a month before taking mysis. afterwards it exclusively ate mysis and aptasia and the feather worms. I wish i still had him to eat aptasia.

if you do pull the trigger, make sure you have blackworms on hand. live food are what they will go at then you can transition them across.

dutch27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought one from Divers Den, it ate frozen right away, and was healthy as could be. One day I found it stuck against my Vortech, and that was the end of it. That was about a year later. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one from DD again.

OP
OP
Eggpaul

Eggpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bacterial infection is very common in these fish, that's why Big G is suggesting prophylactic treatment with antibiotics. If it were me, I would not be in a hurry with this fish. I wouldn't have the LFS order one because then I would feel like I have to buy it regardless. I would just wait till they happen to get one in and watch it for a few days, make sure it eats well. You could have them order it but with the warning that you wont be buying it unless it's healthy and eating.

there is a local LFS that doesn't order on demand. But Petco does order, and you are not obligated to purchase.

OP
OP
Eggpaul

Eggpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not had luck with them when purchased from Live Aquaria. my best luck was seeing a pair in a tank at a local store. one was being quite aggressive to the other so i bought the mean one. I had TONS of aptasia and it ate that for a month before taking mysis. afterwards it exclusively ate mysis and aptasia and the feather worms. I wish i still had him to eat aptasia.

if you do pull the trigger, make sure you have blackworms on hand. live food are what they will go at then you can transition them across.

How many times did you try with Live aquaria, and how long did they survive?

OP
OP
Eggpaul

Eggpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought one from Divers Den, it ate frozen right away, and was healthy as could be. One day I found it stuck against my Vortech, and that was the end of it. That was about a year later. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one from DD again.

I check every day. I've seen only 1 in the last few months. And it was gone in minutes.

OP
OP
Eggpaul

Eggpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

wow, just went on divers Den at 3 pm when they upload their new stock and they had a copperband. Got it immediately. hopefully it's a nice one.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes this works pretty good. Paste it on clam shells, rocks, swim level on the glass so it's easy for the fish to see and find.
Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 3.52.26 PM.png

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get blackworms regularly from the LFS. Clams from the grocery store? keep it frozen I assume?
Steam/Boil the clams to get them to open a bit or even take off one side of the shell. Freeze in a zip lock. ;)

Instigate

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steam/Boil the clams to get them to open a bit or even take off one side of the shell. Freeze in a zip lock. ;)
Oh that's funny I never bothered to steam them at all. I just jam a knife I don't care about in and wedge it open, probably not the safest thing to do. Then either throw the whole thing in partially open or freeze then cut paper thin slices.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back