Copperband transition

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a copperband and this is another question about food! I’ve studied up. I saw it eat mysis @ the LFS but since being in my tank I have yet to see him grab more than the adjacent aptasia. I’d love to get him eating sliced frozen clam from my hand but he didn’t even budge for a clam cracked open and put right in front of him. I have Masstick on the way- I’ve been adding garlic+selcon to the food. He hangs in the top corner of the tank so I’m literally pouring the food on him. There is a scopas that intimidated him at first but has since learned to live with him…. I do see him getting more comfortable and swimming in open water with a couple of azure damsels that I’m hoping will show him how/what to eat. Anything else I can try?

Stealthreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a garlic skeptic. That's all I will say about it I guess. Try without the garlic.

If he's got a lot of aptasia to eat he might not be interested in anything else until it runs out.
Good to keep trying to entice him to eat.
I used to mix in cooked potato to my homemade frozen food and it always seemed to get more taste bites than without the potato. That's completely anecdotal.

OP
OP
DJF

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome thanks, appreciate it & will try- I’ll take anecdotal.

OP
OP
DJF

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happiness is seeing your copperband eat! Masstick for the win. Still finicky but I saw it with my own eyes-

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 150 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back