Coppersafe in tanks

Cole_Voeller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all.
Pretty new to saltwater so bear with my mistakes.
I have two tanks in my college apartment, a 10 and a 20 gallon. The 10 gallon is fish only, and the 20 is fish and coral. In my 20, my royal gramma had what I was told to be ich, and he was flashing on the rocks. My blackline blenny began to flash as well which is why I searched for something to do. My neon goby was doing the same in the 10 gallon.
I was recommended to use coppersafe, and used 2 teaspoons in the 10 gallon, but only 1 in the 20, since that tank has coral, and I felt I should dose low.
Reading online after this, I am extremely worried I made a mistake in adding this to my tanks, as I don’t have a HP/quarantine tank. Will this mistake be a problem for my tanks? I put a carbon filter cartridge into both tanks after reading so many bad things about copper.
Any input/advice is appreciated

Gatorpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all.
Pretty new to saltwater so bear with my mistakes.
I have two tanks in my college apartment, a 10 and a 20 gallon. The 10 gallon is fish only, and the 20 is fish and coral. In my 20, my royal gramma had what I was told to be ich, and he was flashing on the rocks. My blackline blenny began to flash as well which is why I searched for something to do. My neon goby was doing the same in the 10 gallon.
I was recommended to use coppersafe, and used 2 teaspoons in the 10 gallon, but only 1 in the 20, since that tank has coral, and I felt I should dose low.
Reading online after this, I am extremely worried I made a mistake in adding this to my tanks, as I don’t have a HP/quarantine tank. Will this mistake be a problem for my tanks? I put a carbon filter cartridge into both tanks after reading so many bad things about copper.
Any input/advice is appreciated
Copper is bad for corals and invertebrates real bad..

Water change 30-50%.

Cubrisorb to help pull out the copper.
move the fish to the 10gallon and treat as a hospital tank..
cross fingers

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back