COR 20 Power Supply

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Neptune COR 20 DC pumps.

Last night my ATO alarm sounded and the sump was making serious noise. After inspection I shut the alarm off and went back to bed.

Turns out that the left pump is running some what slower. The right pump is about were the both normally run. The controllers are both lit up and operating showing 100% capacity but the left has clearly slowed down significantly. I did try switching the power supply's around on the 2 different controllers and Bingo! It still lights up and runs the pump but not enough wattage to run it at full speed I guess.

Screenshot_20220927-141639_APEX Fusion.jpg Screenshot_20220927-174854_APEX Fusion.jpg

Started a claim with Neptune. I did get a generic email showing how to test a Power Supply. They are out of warranty. After talking with my LFS were I got them he states Neptune has had Power Supply problems. He has had to replace several in the last few months and even one last week.

Has anyone else had this problem with power supply's?

I have lost 3 Power Supplies on the last 2 years on Red Sea LEDs. Red Sea was kind enough to send me a 2 pack on each claim so I have back ups.....lol

OP
OP
Jeffcb

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update

Even out of warranty an Apex rep call me today and is shipping me a new Power supply. At first they wanted to logon to Fusion but I explained it had to be the power supply since I switch them back and forth between the 2 controllers...

He said they normally fail from over heating and asked how mine were mounted.

Mine are tie wrapped on a controller board. He suggested a fan and or spacers between the wood and the transformer. I guess wood doesn't dissipate heat. I mounted them like this because I wanted a nice clean set up but it may be the problem.

Anyway, thanks Apex!

1664399652384.png

1664399673074.png

iamacat

Higher than my pH
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Neptune COR 20 DC pumps.

Last night my ATO alarm sounded and the sump was making serious noise. After inspection I shut the alarm off and went back to bed.

Turns out that the left pump is running some what slower. The right pump is about were the both normally run. The controllers are both lit up and operating showing 100% capacity but the left has clearly slowed down significantly. I did try switching the power supply's around on the 2 different controllers and Bingo! It still lights up and runs the pump but not enough wattage to run it at full speed I guess.

Screenshot_20220927-141639_APEX Fusion.jpg Screenshot_20220927-174854_APEX Fusion.jpg

Started a claim with Neptune. I did get a generic email showing how to test a Power Supply. They are out of warranty. After talking with my LFS were I got them he states Neptune has had Power Supply problems. He has had to replace several in the last few months and even one last week.

Has anyone else had this problem with power supply's?

I have lost 3 Power Supplies on the last 2 years on Red Sea LEDs. Red Sea was kind enough to send me a 2 pack on each claim so I have back ups.....lol
Yep. Had a Cor20 power supply go bad 1yr in. Neptune got me a replacement and no issues since. I now have 2 back up Cor20 because I don’t want to experience the situation again. If you have the money, back up return pumps are a nice piece of mind, same as heaters

Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one will work perfectly fine, but you will have to do some DIY as the tip plug diameter is bigger. You have two options: buy a tip deducer or cut the factory tip wire and attache it to the new power supply. Also attached is a tip kit that works with the COR controller.

BINZET 24V 5A Power Adapter - Transformers - Switching Power Supply Transformers for LED Strip Lights/Router/Security Camera/Output 120W Max with 2.1mm x 5.5mm https://a.co/d/apn5iMh

ZYAMY 10pcs DC Power Adapter 5.5x2.1mm Female Jack to 3.5x1.35mm Male Plug Electrical Socket Adapter Plug Converter https://a.co/d/h0b0eke

OP
OP
Jeffcb

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one will work perfectly fine, but you will have to do some DIY as the tip plug diameter is bigger. You have two options: buy a tip deducer or cut the factory tip wire and attache it to the new power supply. Also attached is a tip kit that works with the COR controller.

BINZET 24V 5A Power Adapter - Transformers - Switching Power Supply Transformers for LED Strip Lights/Router/Security Camera/Output 120W Max with 2.1mm x 5.5mm https://a.co/d/apn5iMh

ZYAMY 10pcs DC Power Adapter 5.5x2.1mm Female Jack to 3.5x1.35mm Male Plug Electrical Socket Adapter Plug Converter https://a.co/d/h0b0eke
That was what I was going to do if they didn't send another. In fact that one is 120 watt. Apex only 100

Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was what I was going to do if they didn't send another. In fact that one is 120 watt. Apex only 100
Get one anyway, apparently the PS is the weakness of the COR pumps. I keep a couple of this around as I can used them for other equipment's too.

chimbo84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Mine just went bad today after only four months. What gives and why haven’t they fixed this? It’s been a long term issue and makes me concerned for my other Neptune equipment.

Rovert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got this problem myself. Powered down my COR20 to feed, and got a VOLT error. Ordered one of these from Amazon but the power plug is a larger diameter. Any reason I can't cut the leads and swap them out to get the return pump running again?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back