COR15 red light

joe0813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys.... I recently bought a new apex A3 pro to replace my old one that sat in a basement. my cor15 was running fine on the old apex for about 10 days now. switched everything over and now the COR controller is turning red, wont pump water and on fusion says "volt". I have cleaned the pump before I set it back up and tried changing the one link to make sure that wasn't the issue. ill unplug it completely then plug it back in and the problem goes away for a few minutes then randomly acts up again.

OP
OP
joe0813

joe0813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also when it does start to work again the buttons on the CORs little controller dont do anything. It wont increase or decrease power

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like its not getting power

the aquabus will provide enough power to run the controller, but not enough to run the pump

If you are using a dedicated power supply for the pump, check that. Make sure its plugin in and supplying power. if it is, then possibly it's a bad power supply.

Or, if you are running it off the 1Link Power Connection directly form the EB832 (you can do that with the COR15 pumps, but not the cor20s) make sure you have that outlet set to "ON", otherwise it wont supply power to run the pump.

OP
OP
joe0813

joe0813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like its not getting power

the aquabus will provide enough power to run the controller, but not enough to run the pump

If you are using a dedicated power supply for the pump, check that. Make sure its plugin in and supplying power. if it is, then possibly it's a bad power supply.

Or, if you are running it off the 1Link Power Connection directly form the EB832 (you can do that with the COR15 pumps, but not the cor20s) make sure you have that outlet set to "ON", otherwise it wont supply power to run the pump.
The cor15 can only run off the apex. so unfortunately there is no power supply. Ive swapped two different 1link connectors and still having the same issue. I do have the COR set to on instead of auto too.

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cor15 can only run off the apex. so unfortunately there is no power supply. Ive swapped two different 1link connectors and still having the same issue. I do have the COR set to on instead of auto too.
Do you have any other devisers you can run off the 1Link concretion like a PMUP, just to verify the 1link is actually working?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 164 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back