Cora beauty bully

Reefer87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my CB for a good 6 months now and he’s been great and gets along with all my fish. Today however, I added a new fish. He’s a royal gramma medium sized and now m CB is chasing him . Will he eventually leave him alone? I created a new hiding spot for the newbie so he doesn’t get pushed out of every hole. My beauty thinks he owns the tank. It’s a 45 gallon tank. Stocked with: 2clowns, 1 fairy wrasse, 1 sand sifting goby the coral beauty and now the gramma. Oh and a handful of snails and crabs and some corals.

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Compatibility is is a gamble at best. New introductions inevitably cause stress and bullying. In most cases, pecking orders are established and things go back to normal, in the worst cases you may have to rehome or risk losing a fish.

It usually irons itself out, just keep a close eye on th hem.

Good luck.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd take the opportunity to rearrange your aquascape and then add both fish at the same time. My CB and royal gramma are fine in my IM40 with a few other fish. I added them at the same time.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Isolation is most effective placing fish in an acclimation box. While rescape is effective in FW, rarely is it in saltwater.
Another trick is placing a mirror at the tank in which coral beauty will place interest in the imaginary coral beauty.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isolation is most effective placing fish in an acclimation box. While rescape is effective in FW, rarely is it in saltwater.
Another trick is placing a mirror at the tank in which coral beauty will place interest in the imaginary coral beauty.
It worked with my angelfish! Oh, wait -- I put in a Kenya Tree at the same time that I re-arranged by rocks when I put in my keyhole angel. That silly thing's like a tank divider anyway.

OP
OP
Reefer87

Reefer87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So update on my royal gramma. Coral beauty left him alone finally, and seemed good for a couple days then he started hiding all the time. Now this morning I found him dead. Actually dead not just sleeping. Crabs ate his fins and such over night. Any thoughts on why he died? Al my levels were fine and other fish are fine too.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back