Coral banded or cleaner shrimp

JohnnyReef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2017
Messages
75
Reaction score
43
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently looking to add either a cbs or cleaner shrimp. What would you recommend and why? Tanks only has a yellow watchman goby and some blue legged hermits. I do plan on adding a few more fish in time.
 
I think it really depends on your tank size.
I have 2 cleaners, 1 fire, and one coral banded in a 92 gallon corner tank. They scare each other way from one another, but no real issues.
That being said, I might be hesitant with a cbs and a yellow watchman, depending on size of the shrimp and fish. I'm sure they'd be ok; i plan on adding a jawfish in my upgrade, but that's in a 180 gallon.
Everything with caution, but I'm sure somebody else can give you better or more specific insight.
 
I have a 45g so I don't think I'd be able to house both. I'm leaning more toward the cleaner shrimp but just want to get a couple opinions.
 
I would add the cleaner shrimp. Had a coral banded before and they will go after small or slow fish when they get bigger.
Thanks. Do you think 2 would be overkill on a 45g?
 
I have had both and like the CBS just due to the fact that I can feed my coral without chasing the cleaner shrimp around the tank....if not, he would just pull the food out of the mouths of the coral.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new