Coral Beauty About to Die

ThePurple12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found my coral beauty angel laying on its side breathing very rapidly this morning. The other fish are fine. I see no spots on it that would signify parasites, but it's not out of the question. I have the fish in a freshwater dip now. What should I do?

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im no fish dieseses expert by any means.
But check in container for any flukes/ parasites that could of dropped off ) and use magnfying glass or zoom on your phone/ camera to see if can see any spots/ parasites on fishes body/ eyes/ gills etc as i bought 2 fish last week and seen no parasites but under zoom on my phone clearly seen a parasite.
Sick fish generally have clamped fins.
While a more experienced person advises you i personally would be researching up different fish dieseses and i would check your ....
Amnonia.
Temperature.
Salinity.
And any other tests you can do and record the results and put here as usually one first questions is whats your paramaters is.
I wish you best of luck with your fiah.
Also if got qt tank then place in qt .
Always best to have qt running or at least have internal sponge filter in sump of main tank so always full bacteria then can set up qt quickly.
If not got this then maybe something to luck into in future.for qt / hospital tank only need airstone / heater/ internal sponge or hob filter and tank really.

OP
OP
ThePurple12

ThePurple12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response. I actually don't have an ammonia test, but the tank is 4 years old and obviously cycled. Temperature is 80F. I saw no parasites in the FWD, but I didn't use a magnifying glass. I'll try that next time.

The fish is now in a 5 gallon with an airline. It's still on its side and breathing rapidly.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think any parasites that drop of fish into container used for freshwater dip can be seen with naked eye.but attached are pictures my fish that to naked eye could see nothing but under zoom on phone clearly seen sonething and then nearly 2 days later looked like it slightly moved.i exchanged both fish for 2 more.
Just behind the eye but only noticed it zoomed in on phone.
Im no tech guy either but keep bumping ( write something here ) to bring your question top of searches so more chance getting advice of the guys that know what there talking about.( think this how forum works anyway ha ha )

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210422-145843_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210422-145843_Chrome.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20210422-145907_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210422-145907_Chrome.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 21

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully it just aggression from other fish and using a method to introduce fish back to dt be better once you give poor fish little time to recover .anyway good luck

OP
OP
ThePurple12

ThePurple12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, It's probably not aggression. It's one of my first fish, and second in size only to a copperband butterfly. I haven't seen anything picking on it.

OP
OP
ThePurple12

ThePurple12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish is still alive, breathing heavily and laying on its side. I did a 30 min peroxide dip following Humblefish's guide, so I guess now I can only wait. I still haven't seen anything wrong physically.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 139 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 113 35.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back