Coral Beauty and Coral?

Mmcghee102485

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to get a Coral Beauty but read use caution with reef compatibility. Any luck with these guys and keeping a mixed reef tank? Or should I pass? Thanks

U

User1

View Badges
I'll second what @ndrwater said. Each fish is different. Each hobbyist tank routine is also different. Different in how we feed and what we keep as it relates to coral(s). Also the maturity of the tank factors in. Coral Beauties are great fish. I have one which I've owned now for about five years. It was pretty small when I purchased it so I'm going out on a limb here and say that it is about 6 or 7 years old by now.

Anyway as noted above each fish is different. Mine eats zoa's. Doesn't matter the color, I've tried. It thinks they are skittles and that is all she wrote. Doesn't bother anything else. Eats very well. Healthy. Great color. I just have to accept that my tank is zoa free. And that is my story.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine gets feed 3 times a day. I have been lucky I have never had a CB nip clams or corals. KNOCK ON WOOD. I have some Zoanthids that I really like.

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has been asked a number of times. If you do a search you'll see consistency in the above answers. Shouldn't be a problem as most CBs make nice with corals, but enough of them will have a taste for one or more to be a concern.

I am pretty sure my CB recently nipped at my birds next frag causing a small bleached spot. It's doesn't nip at my corals preferring to graze on frag plugs and rocks, but I can't rule out the occasional random nip. It's clear though that he/she prefers to glut on mysis and brine shrimp.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 127 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.1%
Back