Coral beauty and sps

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rcollick
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rcollick

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 23, 2018
Messages
218
Reaction score
219
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's time to transfer my coral beauty from my tank. He has been in there about 2 months. After a couple weeks I noticed none of my acros would have pe durning the day. I still had great pe at night though. My water parameters came back great from ATI. Even though I've never caught him picking I'm pretty sure he's my problem. Anyone have any experience after removing a fish about how long before you start seeing pe during the day?
 
Acrylic fish trap has always worked for me. I stop feeding the tank and eventually, the will nearly all go in there to get some food.

You might not ever get the PE back. If the angel was not the reason, then this will not help anything. Low PE is not a sign of anything. If you have good growth and color, which are better indicators of health, then let the fish stay in the tank.
 
Acrylic fish trap has always worked for me. I stop feeding the tank and eventually, the will nearly all go in there to get some food.

You might not ever get the PE back. If the angel was not the reason, then this will not help anything. Low PE is not a sign of anything. If you have good growth and color, which are better indicators of health, then let the fish stay in the tank.
I had always had great pe before adding him a couple months ago. I have a blind battlebox of 13 corals coming this Saturday. I just want to get him out before then. If I loose pe from the new battlecorals and he's out I guess I could eliminate it was him.
 
He probably is a problem... but just no guarantees. I have a Flameback in my tank and I just live with any damage that it does, which is not much. I have a Chocolate Tang that is more of a problem... no real damage, but it is always picking at things.

It might take a week of starving them to have it enter the trap, so plan on some time.

Here is my ****** chocolate tang:
 
He probably is a problem... but just no guarantees. I have a Flameback in my tank and I just live with any damage that it does, which is not much. I have a Chocolate Tang that is more of a problem... no real damage, but it is always picking at things.

It might take a week of starving them to have it enter the trap, so plan on some time.

Here is my ****** chocolate tang:

Nice looking fish and cool video. Thanks for sharing.
 
I have many Angels in my tank, including coral beauty. I almost have no PE but corals are growing and doing great.
Coral beauty will not eat the acropora itself usually it doing just a harmless nipping.
If you are too concerned about PE you can remove the fish using a fish trap like mentioned in previous comments.
 
I successfully removed him last night and placed him in my other tank. I pretty much destroyed my aquascape. I never could get the aquascape to look as good as it did before.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new