Coral beauty dead

isaacfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So yesterday I got a canary bunny and a clown ranch and added it to my tank with a coral beauty and then I woke up this morning and the coral is dead coincidence maybe the call of duty just decided to stop was stopped eating for a while and it died that way I have no idea what could happen. The other two fish are fine. I also have two clownish in there with the other two and just died the coral please help I need to know what happened

OP
OP
I

isaacfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So yesterday I got a canary bunny and a clown ranch and added it to my tank with a coral beauty and then I woke up this morning and the coral is dead coincidence maybe the call of duty just decided to stop was stopped eating for a while and it died that way I have no idea what could happen. The other two fish are fine. I also have two clownish in there with the other two and just died the coral please help I need to know what happened
I didn’t mean to put call of duty but coral beauty

OP
OP
I

isaacfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my water parameters are perfect. I know that the perfect corals and the perfect fish. I just got it tested through reef moonshiners I sent it back to me. Everything is perfect and I also want to go get the other fish every time I buy fish I bring my water sample to, the aquarium so they can test it before I buy fish and it came back. They didn’t tell me the exact numbers and I don’t have anymore. I could do a couple water test right now and see. I just don’t have anything super in depth that not all the test, but when I went yesterday, they told me that my water was pristine so I don’t know what it could’ve been it’s because I had a engineer Gobi two days ago
Got attacked by the and then the coral beauty kinda was eating him when I got home so I think maybe that could cause what he felt and then he died

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral beauties are angelfish and can be nasty fighters too. I wouldn’t doubt that they fought all night until the death. Strange how you said call of duty. I would focus in on an acclimation box rather then chemistry.

OP
OP
I

isaacfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral beauties are angelfish and can be nasty fighters too. I wouldn’t doubt that they fought all night until the death. Strange how you said call of duty. I would focus in on an acclimation box rather then chemistry.
What do you mean by acclimation box and so he killed the engineer goby the day before yesterday and now he’s dead too?

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean by acclimation box and so he killed the engineer goby the day before yesterday and now he’s dead too?
Acclimation boxes let the fish see one another and smell each other before swimming in the same areas. BRS did a few YouTube videos on it. I think it is recommended for 3 weeks or more.
I made my own from cheap Petco parts. But here is a fancy one
IMG_0692.jpeg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back