Coral Beauty ich?

7h0m4s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys today I just notice my coral Beauty with some small white dots on its face.could it be ich? I have has the cb for almost a year. Currently there are 2 clowns, diamond golby, 2 cleaner shrimp and they seem fine, during feeding my cb is going around looking for food and eating.sometimes I feel like I can’t see the dots, maybe the lighting ? I’m not 100% sure. Last thing added to my tank was some copppods and snail from algae barn3 days ago.(I don’t believe it came from this if it is) seems to be only on its face as well nothing on its body.please let me know what you guys think and what I should do. First time dealing with this, still a beginner. Thanks

IMG_2372.jpeg IMG_2378.jpeg IMG_2379.jpeg IMG_2373.jpeg

SaltySteven

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys today I just notice my coral Beauty with some small white dots on its face.could it be ich? I have has the cb for almost a year. Currently there are 2 clowns, diamond golby, 2 cleaner shrimp and they seem fine, during feeding my cb is going around looking for food and eating.sometimes I feel like I can’t see the dots, maybe the lighting ? I’m not 100% sure. Last thing added to my tank was some copppods and snail from algae barn3 days ago.(I don’t believe it came from this if it is) seems to be only on its face as well nothing on its body.please let me know what you guys think and what I should do. First time dealing with this, still a beginner. Thanks

IMG_2372.jpeg IMG_2378.jpeg IMG_2379.jpeg IMG_2373.jpeg
not an ich expert as i have been lucky to have never had that unfortunate experience but i hope whatever it is that beautiful fish comes out of it in the end.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

IMG_2372.jpeg IMG_2378.jpeg

yES, This is ich and fish will have to be transferred to a separate treatment tank. use coppersafe or Copper Power at therapeutic level 2.15-2.25 For a FULL 30 days (do not interrupt this 30 day period) monitored by a reliable Copper Test kit such as Hanna Brand- No API brand. Also monitor Ammonia levels while in quarantine with a reliable test kit and add aeration during treatment using an air stone.
The display tank will have to be kept fishless (FALLOW) for 6-8 weeks to assure the existing parasites go through their life cycle without a host fish and die off
A quarantine tank can be as simple as a tank from a second hand store or a starter kit from Walmart which most of the needed essentials.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anytime you have a fish hold still for a cleaner shrimp like that, you can assume it has external parasites.

The spots do look like ich, are they anywhere else on the fish though, or just the head?

The angel could also have flukes. All fish in the tank will likely need to be treated - 30 days coppersafe and I’d add prazi for flukes at the end. Trouble is, you can’t expose any invertebrates to that treatment.

Jay

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anytime you have a fish hold still for a cleaner shrimp like that, you can assume it has external parasites.

The spots do look like ich, are they anywhere else on the fish though, or just the head?

The angel could also have flukes. All fish in the tank will likely need to be treated - 30 days coppersafe and I’d add prazi for flukes at the end. Trouble is, you can’t expose any invertebrates to that treatment.

Jay
The head is weird to me - almost like he put his head somewhere he shouldn't - but - I think you're correct the spots look like it - but weird

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Jay
Interesting. Is that seriously 'diagnostic' of a. parasite issue - or just suggestive

OP
OP

7h0m4s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tip guys, got a 20 gallon tank on the way. Hopefully my fish will be ok over the weekend. I’ll have fun trying to catch everyone.Also I been watching my fish all day today and I don’t believe I see any more dots on the coral beauty but I rather be safe then sorry. im too attached to these guys to have to worry about it coming back or adding a new fish in the future.

OP
OP

7h0m4s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jay
It was just on the head, body looks clean

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back