IS THIS ICH!!!!!

Chela101

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 5, 2023
Messages
320
Reaction score
201
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, so I recently got my box spine puffer fish and I noticed some small white dots on my fish. Barely starting and just on his fins. I have screenshots of a video that I took so you guys can see it

IMG_4604.png IMG_4603.png
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4602.mov
    30.3 MB
i think she is talking about that pufffer's rear fin.
The thing thats photobombing the damsels.

There are like 5 white nodules.
yes i can see that, not sure if sand ? would like to see eyes for the medics
 
Really need some closeup sharp photos to narrow this down. Could be ich, sand, lymphocystis, or ?

Also more history on this and other fish in the tank regarding how long have you had them, did you QT with or without copper treatment, any other fish with similar symptoms currently or previously?
 
Just throwing out that it could even be damaged fin rays from living with damsels. All the spots appear to be along a ray, and somewhat patterned in location (like a fish is targeting the area).
 
Hello, so I recently got my box spine puffer fish and I noticed some small white dots on my fish. Barely starting and just on his fins. I have screenshots of a video that I took so you guys can see it

IMG_4604.png IMG_4603.png
Pics are fuzzy to tell. Assure glass and camera lens are clear.
I can also say the puffer if ich would likely get it first.
More helpful would be a video under white light intensity of at least 20 seconds
 
Regardless if it is or is not. I would just make sure they are well fed and leave them alone.

Maybe feed a few extra times a day if needed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new