Coral bleaching??

Paulwizal23

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2020
Messages
316
Reaction score
148
Location
Washington County NK
What state or country do you live in
Rhode Island
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just feed one of my monti frags yesterday zooplankton from Seacham and a few hours later I noticed their was a stripe of bleach in the middle of the frag, almost in the dead center middle of frag? What would cause a bleach like that within hours? It was the only coral to do this?
 
Would you be able to post a picture by any chance (daylight preferable)?
 
Would you be able to post a picture by any chance (daylight preferable)?

1B86440F-6299-4BA5-9C3F-601219402AE5.jpeg 000DCFE7-73D4-4A83-99C3-E166DB291757.jpeg
 
I guess that’s possible....I only see blue.
White spots on A monti, whether around the outside, or in the middle of coral can also be new growth.

0AB1D502-E9ED-4868-B2E0-529183E8D59C.jpeg
 
It’s possible the food sat on the coral and the flesh died. I had that happen to one monti frag.
So funny you said that!. I almost added in my thread that it only bleached right where the food usually sits on the specific frag. I bet that is what it was!! Looks like it’s making a comeback though quickly!! Thank you bud
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new