Coral box backup battery V2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tintar17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see that these are currently out of stock. Any idea on when you will be getting more? Also, is it possible to hook up the coral box rp-m wavemakers to other back up batteries like the icecap or ecotech batteries?

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see that these are currently out of stock. Any idea on when you will be getting more? Also, is it possible to hook up the coral box rp-m wavemakers to other back up batteries like the icecap or ecotech batteries?
We should have them ready in early July- so another week or two.

Aaronhome27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the updated board the battery run perfectly. I haven't tested run times yet. I was told these are lithium battery's so they should have much improved runtime as well as many years of service will little depletion of battery life every time it's used.

Lor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmm i dont see it on their website, do you have a link? thanks

Lor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what pumps/wavemakers are you currently using with it?
I dont understand the run time posted on their website . what are sow4/8/15/20?

Aaronhome27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will see if Logan chmes in to get us some good figures as I know he probably has it all laying in his shop table lol . But if you look at wattages of those pumps you can compare that to your current pumps. I have all coral box pumps, qp5 x 2 and a reefbreeders rpm. I actually have my back up on my return pump. I rum a coralnox dca 6000 at 30% power. My whole tank is set up on a manifold so I don't have a lot of pumps to worry about. I'll have to look back again as it's been a while. But my return at 30% was something like low 20 watts. The math worked out to something like 90 hours with my two back ups. I'll have to go back and look at the figures again. But I recall it was just as well to run my return.

Lor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks, another question for Logan is, if there is a power outage will there be a mechanism that will trigger the pumps to run at lower speed.

Last edited:

Aaronhome27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In comparison to view watts and usage on the battery here is the O series pumps in watts. You can compare your pumps wattage to the O series to find runtime.

Screenshot_20190805-183043.jpg

Lor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In comparison to view watts and usage on the battery here is the O series pumps in watts. You can compare your pumps wattage to the O series to find runtime.

Screenshot_20190805-183043.jpg
Thanks for this info

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone know what the dimentions of this item are? I need to measure my new build stand. Ill be adding this and a pair of RP-M for flow in the tank, but im running out of stand room so i want to make sure i can make it work.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone know what the dimentions of this item are? I need to measure my new build stand. Ill be adding this and a pair of RP-M for flow in the tank, but im running out of stand room so i want to make sure i can make it work.

On my desk here- 5" tall x 5 3/4" back panel, protrudes 3 1/8" on Z axis

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow super small then. And it would handle 2 rpms at once ?
It will, but that will decrease the run time. They include enough cords for 2 x pumps. I would suggest a larger power supply for the pumps if you plan on 2 x RPMs on one battery. 24v 3amp vs. 24v 1.5amp

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will, but that will decrease the run time. They include enough cords for 2 x pumps. I would suggest a larger power supply for the pumps if you plan on 2 x RPMs on one battery. 24v 3amp vs. 24v 1.5amp
What would be the run time on 2 pumps on the battery? Is the upgraded power supply available for purchase when I make it?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back