Coral box dosing pump issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MikeyA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reef breeders, I was wondering if you could help me with my coral box dosing pump? I emailed you my issues but have yet to hear back.

Hear goes, even though my doser is connected to my home wifi and it's beeps when I save new schedules, it doesn't operate as scheduled, I'm not sure it operates in auto at all. I have an galaxy s9 phone and the app is different from the apple app I see online that people use...but how is the frequency of dosing work?
Thanks
Mike

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reef breeders, I was wondering if you could help me with my coral box dosing pump? I emailed you my issues but have yet to hear back.

Hear goes, even though my doser is connected to my home wifi and it's beeps when I save new schedules, it doesn't operate as scheduled, I'm not sure it operates in auto at all. I have an galaxy s9 phone and the app is different from the apple app I see online that people use...but how is the frequency of dosing work?
Thanks
Mike

Hey Mike,

What do you have the frequency set to now? Have you selected in advanced options "Auto run doser when quitting app"

OP
OP
MikeyA

MikeyA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Mike,

What do you have the frequency set to now? Have you selected in advanced options "Auto run doser when quitting app"

Thank you for your reply! I misunderstood initially when I set it up and set the frequency to 7 days and tried to correct it to 0 but it won't reset the frequency for me. It's still counting down the days, I think 5 days now. I'm beginning to think that's why it's not dosing. But it won't unset the initial frequency setting

And yes I have it set to return to auto when quitting the app.

OP
OP
MikeyA

MikeyA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I figured out the issue. So for everyone's information, if you change frequency (especially back to 0 to start the program as the initial day) you must recalibrate that particular pump head first. It wouldnt let me reset the frequency back to zero until I calibrated it.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
MikeyA

MikeyA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that will only reset the wifi. Is there a way to reset the entire doser back to factory settings?

RickG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I had it on 1 day initially because I thought it meant every day but I changed it to 0 days but it still wasnt saving. I had to reset the pump in the settings and recalibrate it just now. They should really go into better detail in the manual

OP
OP
MikeyA

MikeyA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I learned that calibrating each head after frequency changes is the key to getting the pump to cooperating

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 117 77.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 22 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back