Coral Box Pump Sync

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just purchased some QP-9s from you guys. I bought them to replace my RW-8s because they are supposed to be able to anti-sync in M3 and M6. That was the specific reason I decided to upgrade. However, they are not synced up at all, anti or not, with one in M and the other in F mode. They just randomly come on in whatever mode the master controller tells the other to be in. In other words, the mode setting, frequency and speed transfer from the master, but they do not sync in time and are just randomly coming on in M6. Is there something I can do to fix this? If not, the literature is seriously misleading! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just purchased some QP-9s from you guys. I bought them to replace my RW-8s because they are supposed to be able to anti-sync in M3 and M6. That was the specific reason I decided to upgrade. However, they are not synced up at all, anti or not, with one in M and the other in F mode. They just randomly come on in whatever mode the master controller tells the other to be in. In other words, the mode setting, frequency and speed transfer from the master, but they do not sync in time and are just randomly coming on in M6. Is there something I can do to fix this? If not, the literature is seriously misleading! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Let me get in touch with the software designer and get back to you. I believe that M6 is a random flow mode, in which case, it should be coming on at random.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you email me through the website or pm me here? I would like to troubleshoot the issue with you and see if we can get these working.

OP
OP
R

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It turns out that the controllers are functional but there is a catch. You must cycle through the modes (M1-M6), after all other settings have been selected in order for the controllers to sync in the modes that require time sync.

Once you get everything set (freq, power, master/slave), etc., you have to press the mode button to set your desired mode last. For example, if it's already on M6, and you want M6, you must cycle through all the other modes to get back to M6 (again, AFTER setting the other parameters). Obviously this would be on the Master controller.

After this the pumps should alternate in M3 and M6 modes in anti-sync.

OP
OP
R

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, this is the final update! Thank you to Logan for the fantastic customer service!

The controllers have to be very close to each other to stay synced. They were 30 inches apart and did not stay synced, now they are 6 inches apart and stay synced. They are still perfectly synced after almost two days now. I guess there is enough interference nearby that they need to be right next to each other. The confusing thing is that the slave would change modes, freq, power settings, but wouldn't stay synced. Now that they are close, no problems so far.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back