Anti-Sync mode issues on two MP40's...

Ironic_Water

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2023
Messages
130
Reaction score
81
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I recently bought two MP40's. They've been good so far, but I can't seem to get Anti-Sync mode to work how I want it to.

I have the right pump as the Master, and the left pump as the Child. Normally, things work nicely in Anti-Sync, like in Reef Crest. The problem comes when I do Constant Mode, Feed Mode etc. If I set the Master to do a constant at 5% to give my fishes a break, the Child ramps up to like 95% and goes crazy. In Feed Mode, sometimes the Child goes to nearly 100% power.

I have to have it on Sync mode or my sand and fish get nearly blown out of the water. Even when I set my max speed on the Child mode to a lower percentage, it still goes crazy. Am I simply not understanding what Anti-Sync mode is?
 
Anti-sync is just that. Say your Master is running at 5%, the child will still do it's own thing unless you put it back in sync mode.
 
Hey everyone, I recently bought two MP40's. They've been good so far, but I can't seem to get Anti-Sync mode to work how I want it to.

I have the right pump as the Master, and the left pump as the Child. Normally, things work nicely in Anti-Sync, like in Reef Crest. The problem comes when I do Constant Mode, Feed Mode etc. If I set the Master to do a constant at 5% to give my fishes a break, the Child ramps up to like 95% and goes crazy. In Feed Mode, sometimes the Child goes to nearly 100% power.

I have to have it on Sync mode or my sand and fish get nearly blown out of the water. Even when I set my max speed on the Child mode to a lower percentage, it still goes crazy. Am I simply not understanding what Anti-Sync mode is?
I’m experiencing the same problem. I thought anti-sync wouldn’t increase the child’s speed beyond the parent’s. In other words, if the parent is set at 50%, I imagined the child would gradually decrease from 50% to 0%.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new