Coral Box WiFi doser problems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

York1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently setup my Coral Box WiFi doser. No matter what i do it does not hold siphon and I get air bubbles in the tubing. I bought the bundle so im using that container. I have tried both the check valves that come with the pump and upgraded ones i bought with the doser. I am using the tubing also purchased with the pump. I even tried switching pump heads. I have the same exact dosing setup on another tank and its been running for a year now with no problems. I am just hoping maybe someone might have an idea why I am having this trouble

OP
OP
Y

York1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some pictures of my setup

Attachments

• cont.jpg
    cont.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 131
  • HEAD.jpg
    HEAD.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 117
  • sump.jpg
    sump.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 120

Bryknicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a PITA but I switched out to RO tubing with two upgraded check valves on each line and superglued all connections. This cured it for me and it runs perfect now. But I think its crazy that's what had to be done to solve the air leakage problem. The same set up with only one check valve didn't work. I believe I used the john guest valves.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep in mind that some air in the tubing is 100% normal and will in no way affect your dosage. Bubbles under 1” can be ignored. If you have larger bubbles or the line is frequently empty, that is something you may want to address. On the software side, you can simply just increase the programmed dosage to compensate.

1) For our application, these do not need to be accurate- just consistent. Whether you enter 15ml and dose 15ml, or enter 20ml in the app to dose 15ml, your tank is still getting the required dosage.

2) In newer dosers, you can select the option under advanced settings titled “auto test dosing pump”- this will periodically activate the rollers for a short period to clear your lines of air.

After implementing the above software solutions, you can try the following:

There are a few things you can check for air in the tubing:

1) Make sure all of the connectors have the tubing pushed all the way in.

2) Make sure that the check valves are installed as indicated in this video:

3) You may need to open the dosing head and simply remove and re-install the tubing more securely around the rollers.

4) If you are using the Coral Box Dosing container, you may need to seal the connection between the acrylic tube and the plastic connector. They are 2 types of plastic so they may not be fully bonded. Unscrew the orange fitting, and add a bead of aquarium safe silicone where the acrylic tube meets the fitting. Allow 24 hours to dry and re-install.

OP
OP
Y

York1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am now having trouble with the 2nd head holding syphon. I have tried everything. At this point i think I am done with this dosing pump. My other Coral box dosing pump that is over a year old has never had any problems. I think this one is a lemon

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am now having trouble with the 2nd head holding syphon. I have tried everything. At this point i think I am done with this dosing pump. My other Coral box dosing pump that is over a year old has never had any problems. I think this one is a lemon
Have you tried swapping dosing heads? Could be a bad motor block too.

steven325

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey bro if you haven’t solved your issue yet I know it’s been a year. But you can’t put the check valves like that. I did the same thing and was losing the prime. Till I figured out you need to place the check valves in the middle of the line. It needs the pressure of the liquid pushing on the valve to keep it closed. Otherwise it’s not air tight.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back