Coral - Brown algea

  • Thread starter Thread starter revo01
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

revo01

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 28, 2016
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what is happening but the coral started to turn brown at the bottom left.
How can I get rid of this?
thank you

IMG_0403.JPG


IMG_0404.JPG
 
Could be a form of brown jelly disease, i would take the coral out and dip it periodically with an iodine based dip.
 
Could be a form of brown jelly disease, i would take the coral out and dip it periodically with an iodine based dip.

I do have iodine. But how water to iodine solution and would this be once a week?

I already tried coral rx and it did not improve. I also tried brushing the brown stuff off and no luck.

Thank you
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new