Coral choosing

35gcube

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I've now successfully grown 4 kenya trees in my tank. I will probably give them out as they seem to get big, but now they are staying. As now I know that I can keep easy corals in my tank, I want to buy some more. I definetly will buy some zoa heads and gsp but I can not decide wether other corals I'm interested in will fit my tank. I'm talking about a fungia sp. and a torch or a hammer. I don't want to buy them separatly as the shipping is really expensive. I have good magnesium and calcium levels, no2 and ammonia at 0. Do you think that it is a good idea to buy them all? Thanks

PS: I now start to see algae growth, should I buy some critters? I have no coraline algae, is it a sign of something?

Peair

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get a green star polyp because they are very hardy, and they seem to make other corals do well in the tank. The best critters for algae that I use are hermit crabs and snails and they do a great job quickly, just keep an eye on the snails because they like to suck the juices out of the zoas which is not good, and the crabs just bother corals by climbing on top of them, so when you see this remove them.

Last edited:

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One AI Prime 16 will work to keep softies and lps corals, you will need to turn it up to almost full strength.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back