Coral cleaning?

thelonereefer1

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 24, 2022
Messages
342
Reaction score
206
Location
Lafayette
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bit of hair algae on one of my Acan colonies. Somewhat growing in between the heads. Any suggestions on the best way to help remove with disturbing the heads?
 
Can you share a pic?
I can't picture hair algae growing in between acan polyps
 
Lights are currently off but I think this shows it well
 

Attachments

  • A461AA62-059D-48C9-ACEF-DC6C9B8FD446.png
    A461AA62-059D-48C9-ACEF-DC6C9B8FD446.png
    964 KB · Views: 64
  • 702BF07A-F6B2-4E83-BB1A-C4C16D53AC99.jpeg
    702BF07A-F6B2-4E83-BB1A-C4C16D53AC99.jpeg
    191.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 07CEDF07-D4A1-4A9E-AA0C-2184F7B17561.jpeg
    07CEDF07-D4A1-4A9E-AA0C-2184F7B17561.jpeg
    117.7 KB · Views: 44
oh wow, its not doing well, the flesh is very receded. The algae is growing on the dead parts of the coral.

If you can share more details about your tank, folks will be able to help you out. But the coral is dying.
 
Tank is about 9 months old. It’s IM 50. I have some torches. Acans. Frogspawn. Hammer. Duncan’s. Gsp. Red monti. I would say all corals are doing well except for my acans. I have a frag tank with similar parameters. Sometimes even worse bc of life and the acans thrive in there. I move them over to the DT and they just go blahhh. I consider all other corals to be surviving not thriving. To elaborate they look good they just haven’t shown any signs growth in the Dt. Whereas in the frag tank they looked the same but also grew. I’m considering moving the acans back over to the frag tank for now once again

temp 78
Salinity 1.025
Alk 8-9
PO4. Around 0.9
Nitrate 2
Calcium 400-420
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new