Coral color looks different?!?!

Jacksreeftank696969

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 28, 2019
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I have this maxima clam it is blue when I normally look at it through the glass, however it’s green if I look at it from a top down view?!?!?! That’s crazyyyy anyone know why??
 
Welcome to reef2reef !!!
Any pics of both views ?
 
It's just the clams zooxanthellae (stuff that gives corals color) reflecting light at a different angle.

Exactly like a Midnight Blue car that sometimes looks blue, deep blue or black when the sunlight hits the paint at different angles





.
 
It's just the clams zooxanthellae (stuff that gives corals color) reflecting light at a different angle.

Exactly like a Midnight Blue car that sometimes looks blue, deep blue or black when the sunlight hits the paint at different angles .

Great Explanation !!!
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new