Coral colour shifts

Saintnovakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently received a nice frag of Candy Cane, neon green and beautiful. I run the AB+ spectrum on my Hydra52 HDs but 2 weeks later the color has shifted to a more teal appearance. I spoke to Chas who helped me with my PAR and setup and he has noticed the same. Im sure many have as well. Is there a spectrum or colour mix that you guys have found best in keeping colours? Im thinking this is a spectrum issue. I miss the Neon Green.;Drowning

arafas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Same issue under hydra 26hd. Then I added T5's still same not as highlighter green. These candy canes were under reefbrite when i got them.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Colors can change with spectrum as some proteins develop more than others. For optimum color rendition, full spectrum is best in large numbers (think 6500K), but this is not all that popular for illumination where you need to blue stuff up to look at it. I might suggest a few hours with more colors turned on - Dr. Joshi, WWC (I hate to compare vendors to hobbyists, so sorry), Vivid and a few more use their radions with all channels at 100% for a good piece of time.

T5s can help here because even if they are bluer looking T5s, they still have lots of the rest of the spectrum - most mercury based lights are indeed full spectrum with more alike than different where minor differences can make a big difference to our eyes.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back