Coral colour.

AdamK1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my tank is very new, just a couple of months. I put a Duncans in along with some zoas a couple of weeks back to see how it would get on. My question is this:
When I bought it, it was quite pale. There was definitely a good tinge of green about it, especially under blues of course. A couple of weeks in my tank and now the whole thing is electric neon green! Like, maybe 500% of the colour it had when I bought it.

I'm not complaining, I'd just like to know why. In the shop it was under very similar lights. I run radions, same as the shop, although they run theirs more blue. They do turn over a lot of corals in that shop though so I doubt it was there long.

It's even got 5 or 6 little baby heads, which are getting larger every day. Such a beautiful coral!

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my tank is very new, just a couple of months. I put a Duncans in along with some zoas a couple of weeks back to see how it would get on. My question is this:
When I bought it, it was quite pale. There was definitely a good tinge of green about it, especially under blues of course. A couple of weeks in my tank and now the whole thing is electric neon green! Like, maybe 500% of the colour it had when I bought it.

I'm not complaining, I'd just like to know why. In the shop it was under very similar lights. I run radions, same as the shop, although they run theirs more blue. They do turn over a lot of corals in that shop though so I doubt it was there long.

It's even got 5 or 6 little baby heads, which are getting larger every day. Such a beautiful coral!
It's just happier in your tank :)

There was probably a parameter off at your LFS and that was causing it to be unhappy, could have been getting too little or too high lights, tempature, phosphates, nitrates, ph, alk ect.

OP
OP
A

AdamK1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's just happier in your tank :)

There was probably a parameter off at your LFS and that was causing it to be unhappy, could have been getting too little or too high lights, tempature, phosphates, nitrates, ph, alk ect.
Hmm, interesting, and good to hear. One thing I've never done before is tested the water from the lfs. May have to donthat next time.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back