Coral condos: Do you use frag racks?

Do you use frag racks?

  • Yes, I currently use three or more frag racks.

    Votes: 61 18.5%
  • Yes, I currently one or two frag racks.

    Votes: 131 39.8%
  • No, but I have used frag racks in the past.

    Votes: 45 13.7%
  • No, I have never used a frag rack.

    Votes: 86 26.1%
  • Other

    Votes: 6 1.8%

  • Total voters
    329
Oh yeah forgot about these things. Very convenient, get covered with coralline and look pretty nice. I have a 20 and two 10's filled with zoas on the sand bed.
ow1.jpg
 
I don’t like the way they look and I typically don’t have enough new frags at one time for them to be useful for me. I’m lucky to have a LFS with great corals and I try to get larger corals when I can.
 
For my display I use @Aquarocks which, if you're not familiar, look them up! These are great and fit in with the rock work nicely. Their single plug holders are especially ingenious. Otherwise I don't particularly like the look of racks in a display. That being said my coral QT tank is lined with Mag Racks, which cost aside, are great for utility applications.
These can just be put in an established tank as well?
 
These can just be put in an established tank as well?

I’m still around lol.

Yes, they can go right in. Great product, never had an issue with the Aqua Rocks.

Those Ocean Wonders Mag Racks on the other hand are straight trash. Had 6 of 6 split open and leech metal into my display. Wiped out nearly every coral in that tank.
 
I’m still around lol.

Yes, they can go right in. Great product, never had an issue with the Aqua Rocks.

Those Ocean Wonders Mag Racks on the other hand are straight trash. Had 6 of 6 split open and leech metal into my display. Wiped out nearly every coral in that tank.
Thanks for the response. That's what I was concerned about since I've read horror stories about materials leeching out.
 
I voted no but I'm adding an asterisk because I've used those fake rock ones In the past.

I just don't like them at all in a display. It looks messy and no matter how nice those coral are it just looks like a grow out tank.
 
I only use them in the frag tank. Mainly because in the past I ended up with a hodgepodge mess in the display.
 
When I had larger tanks I had multiple racks. Preferred the more realistic ones. Currently use just one but I’m open to using more
IMG_4908.jpeg
IMG_4975.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new