Coral Cover LED Hybrid Information?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
The majority of the LED used are the 450nm LED. I believe that is where most of the pop of color is coming from. The LED mix are below for each section of the LED fixtures. Approximately 1 foot sections.

There are no individual white LED.

Used this group of LED to mimic the popular T5 lamps in the market. There are no individual controls of the LED channels. Only options to mimic the T5 lamps.

1647892410052.png

asydabass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a quick photo review I did when the product first launched last summer.

I finally have this fixture over a reef tank and have a par meter. I will be conducting par testing over the next couple of weeks and will attempt to be as thorough as possible. I have this fixture on a new setup paired paired with a G5 xr15 pro and a G5 xr30 pro.

0CF3E2FA-9619-4C5C-8260-E866B07EE8D3.jpeg

Last edited:

Doubleu1992

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Tank is still In the dark, wish I could give you a review of how they grow coral! 48'' with 2 Redseas 90s over a waterbox 105.4 frag.
DOkLZmK.jpg
xfDi5cH.jpg
q7IhIPb.jpg

artman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone with this light comment on any perceived discoball effect of the LEDs. I am under the understanding that the LEDs don't have lenses or diffusers. Is this correct?

asydabass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i noticed a disco effect when used alone, but it is not present with the radions running.

PNWoffroader

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this setup with 2 Kessil a360X. If I look hard enough at the sand I can see a extremely slight separation of colors which is by far way less than other LEDs I have looked at in the past.

I can honestly say that the setup I mentioned earlier is exactly what I was looking for to replace my Metal Halide/Actinic setup I had years ago. I get full coverage without the discoball look. I do not need a huge hood for installation as it looks sleek and minimal over my tank.

I wish I could give you all an update on coral growth but I had to go fish only due to moving the tank multiple times this last year.

PNWoffroader

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a couple pictures over my tank. Its very light and stable and I do not see the need to add any additional stability to the setup. The lenses are about 9 inches from the water. I was shooting for 7-8 inches but didn't account for the water level being lower than my old tank. This being said the spill over is minimal but if you are sitting on the couch next to the tank its noticeable. I have considered adjusting the Aquatic life light and facing it inward but haven't had the chance to test it.

You may notice I don't have any corals, as I mentioned in my last post this year has been hectic and I have moved my tanks around multiple times making it easier to go fish only until I get my life situation stabilized.

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20230117-215747.jpg
    VideoCapture_20230117-215747.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 74
  • VideoCapture_20230118-064435.jpg
    VideoCapture_20230118-064435.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 73

Lothar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Tank is still In the dark, wish I could give you a review of how they grow coral! 48'' with 2 Redseas 90s over a waterbox 105.4 frag.
DOkLZmK.jpg
xfDi5cH.jpg
q7IhIPb.jpg
Any updates on this fixture? I'm thinking about it for a Red Sea 425xl. Probably with Kessils. Just worried about the color separation on the sand bed when running the fixture by itself.

Thanks

PNWoffroader

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a pic with a Kessil OFF and the Fixture at 75%. In real life it is much more white but I wanted to show you that if you look real hard at the sand you can see a slight pink undertone. Compare this to the earlier pictures and you can tell for yourself what the color separation looks like.

no kessil.jpg

OrlandoAIOReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a couple pictures over my tank. Its very light and stable and I do not see the need to add any additional stability to the setup. The lenses are about 9 inches from the water. I was shooting for 7-8 inches but didn't account for the water level being lower than my old tank. This being said the spill over is minimal but if you are sitting on the couch next to the tank its noticeable. I have considered adjusting the Aquatic life light and facing it inward but haven't had the chance to test it.

You may notice I don't have any corals, as I mentioned in my last post this year has been hectic and I have moved my tanks around multiple times making it easier to go fish only until I get my life situation stabilized.
How’s long is the light you got? Was thinking of using those rms rails like that but my tank is 65” long so sacred it would bow in the middle

OrlandoAIOReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The majority of the LED used are the 450nm LED. I believe that is where most of the pop of color is coming from. The LED mix are below for each section of the LED fixtures. Approximately 1 foot sections.

There are no individual white LED.

Used this group of LED to mimic the popular T5 lamps in the market. There are no individual controls of the LED channels. Only options to mimic the T5 lamps.

1647892410052.png
Surprised they haven’t blown up, probably Becos BRS wants to push their ai baldes lol , my tank is 5 & half ft x 30in would the 4 ft cover spread or need 2 of the 2ft? Or would 1 61” t5 hybrid work? Like the leds better since they don’t need blue change but 3 would be kinda expensive for me

Btloi89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surprised they haven’t blown up, probably Becos BRS wants to push their ai baldes lol , my tank is 5 & half ft x 30in would the 4 ft cover spread or need 2 of the 2ft? Or would 1 61” t5 hybrid work? Like the leds better since they don’t need blue change but 3 would be kinda expensive for me
Wondering the same thing myself. I have a 59" tank and wonder if the 48" will work. My assumption is that it will since light still fills in the 12" on either side. PAR will probably be way less in those areas though.

Lothar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering the same thing myself. I have a 59" tank and wonder if the 48" will work. My assumption is that it will since light still fills in the 12" on either side. PAR will probably be way less in those areas though.
I ended up going with the 36" dimmable T5 version over my 47" Red Sea with two Kessil a360x. I think it is a clean look with the fixture a little shorter than the tank. Coverage seems fine on the ends for a mixed reef. I was strongly considering the Coral Cover version with LEDs but didn't want to risk the disco ball effect, especially since the Kessils have none and I love the shimmer. I just happen to notice that color separation too much. If you were going with any other main LED it probably wouldn't matter. Be aware that if you dim the T5's with an Apex, you can only go down to about 4-5%. So you have to turn the outlet off or the lights will stay on at that percentage. No problem really, except there is only one power cord so you can't run the outer T5's at a different on/off time than the inner T5's which I didn't realize at the time. Not either company's fault I guess, just the way it plays together. I used the Aquatic Life wall mount kit. Pic is with the lights ramping up.

Attachments

• tempImage7j9JPs.png
    tempImage7j9JPs.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 43

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back