Fiji Yellow Leathers under natural sunlight and Radions with different spectrums.

SupraSaltyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made a new updated video of my Fiji Yellow Leathers under natural sunlight and Ecotech Radion XR30 G5 Blue with different spectrums. Video is shot with iPhone 12 Pro Max. No filter lens. No photoshop. You can see how they look under natural sunlight, cool white leds only, 6500K, 10K and 14K light spectrum. Keep these under the whitest light possible if you want them to retain their vibrant yellow color. If not they'll turn brownish green under blue leds.

Last edited:

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some great pieces. Unfortunately, unless you run metal halides or willing to run mostly LED whites, these would not look nearly as great in the majority of our tanks given the emphasis on blue spectrum. Too bad. Love these corals. Had some back in the late 90’s but ran MH back then.
IMG_0814.jpeg

OP
OP
SupraSaltyReefer

SupraSaltyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some great pieces. Unfortunately, unless you run metal halides or willing to run mostly LED whites, these would not look nearly as great in the majority of our tanks given the emphasis on blue spectrum. Too bad. Love these corals. Had some back in the late 90’s but ran MH back then.
Agreed. I tell all my customers to blast it with as much white light as possible. In my display I placed it up near the surface with lots of flow right under a Kessil 360X with white leds at 100%. Rest of the tank is lit with Radions on a modified AB+ schedule.

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. I tell all my customers to blast it with as much white light as possible. In my display I placed it up near the surface with lots of flow right under a Kessil 360X with white leds at 100%. Rest of the tank is lit with Radions on a modified AB+ schedule.
That’s a nice way to display it showing it’s best colors.

juarec0201

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t know anything about Fiji leathers. Hoping this one is not a Tonga ! Very beautiful either way

Attachments

• IMG_3277.jpeg
    IMG_3277.jpeg
    140.1 KB · Views: 18

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had many yellow leathers under halide back in the day. They need super intense light to look great. I prefer the long tentacle toadstool leathers as they have great color and movement and thrive with LEDs.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back