Coral Dip Guide

I dip a general dip or Bayer for all corals. If they are lps I also dip iodine or if the coral looks like it might be stressed or have a bacterial issue. If there is algae on the plug I will also dip peroxide or squirt peroxide on the plug.
Hi! Do you complete all three steps on the same day? If yes, do you think a shipped lps can take it also?
 
I read a guide about dipping with H202, and I'm scratching my head at how they ask you to wear goggles, gloves, mask, and be in a ventilated area. For peroxide?
 
I read a guide about dipping with H202, and I'm scratching my head at how they ask you to wear goggles, gloves, mask, and be in a ventilated area. For peroxide?
Well, since no one else answered in 1-1/3 years, I'll take a stab. 😀 I'm guessing it's as a precaution against palytoxin poisoning from Zoas and other Palys.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new