Coral Disease?

Willylumplump

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 19, 2017
Messages
103
Reaction score
17
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for help. Rtn-translucent jelly.This was my first. Saved a nub. Week later lost a torch. Today, another week after, small frag gone and jelly on another. Fish are fine. Nothing new in tank for 6 months or so. I have run Uv for over a year. Regiment is 8 pct weekly water change. 1 cup carbon every other week. Alk 9.6, cal-450, mag-1500, phos .06, nit-1.2. Coral is taken over in less than a day.
IMG_6418.jpeg
 
Sounds like a possible bacterial infection. Bumping for those that deal with antibiotic treatments.
 
Bump. Still looking for help. Lost 3 more frags that have been crusting the rock and looked great the day before. Flow hasn’t changed, lighting hasn’t changed. Auto dose steady and parameters haven’t changed.

I fragged/dipped to save numbs of a couple which I caught before completely dead- 50+ corals,. I don’t think dipping all is an option
 
And another started. It’s not the bottom. It had been lying on its side since I got it
IMG_6587.jpeg
IMG_6583.jpeg
 
Overnight. Polyps swaying yesterday
image.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new