Coral Eater!

dhanking

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought an Emerald Crab and I don’t recommend this crab for a reef tank. It it definitely not reef safe. It seems to have a taste for mushrooms. Interestingly though it didn’t touch my Kenya Tree Corals or any of my other corals, only the mushrooms so I sold it to someone. Goodbye crab.

Texas Rick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought an Emerald Crab and I don’t recommend this crab for a reef tank. It it definitely not reef safe. It seems to have a taste for mushrooms. Interestingly though it didn’t touch my Kenya Tree Corals or any of my other corals, only the mushrooms so I sold it to someone. Goodbye crab.
Agree, used to have 3. Ate my black brittle starfish. Can’t find another black one. Only send brown ones. The culprit went to the electric chair. The others were sold. And they had plenty of bubble algae to eat. Don’t know what there deal was. Also feed them in the afternoons. Got a taste for blood, I guess.

Texas Rick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, how long does it take for salt to mix 100 percent? On average of course.
I use a spare pump from my aquarium. I usually let it mix for about 2 hours. A hour into mixing, I make sure some of it hasn't settled at the bottom. After 2 hours, i check the salinity. I also use a heater while its mixing to bring it up to temp.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I had one of eight that did not bother coral. I do NOT trust these crabs. I trust a politician more than an emerald !!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back