Coral Farmers Market Phoenix Coral Show is this weekend!

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to make sure everyone is aware that the CFM Phoenix Coral Show is this Saturday December 5th from 11am-5pm at:

Double Tree by Hilton Phoenix North
10220 North Metro Parkway East
Phoenix, Arizona 85051

There will be lots of great vendors (including Epic Aquaculture :) ) with thousands of frags available at great prices. Hope to see you all there!

TMB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too. Can't wait. I am definitely bringing home one frag. :D
Pfft, one frag... don't you mean one box of frags??? I think you're down playing your addiction - you might consider seeking help for that. ;)

And super bummed that I'll be out of town and miss this. @Sisterlimonpot how bout if you buy me a couple frags while you're there and let me know what I bought later?;Wideyed;Wideyed

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pfft, one frag... don't you mean one box of frags??? I think you're down playing your addiction - you might consider seeking help for that. ;)

And super bummed that I'll be out of town and miss this. @Sisterlimonpot how bout if you buy me a couple frags while you're there and let me know what I bought later?;Wideyed;Wideyed
I'm probably sitting this one out...

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@vanpire , if you want to go out of your way, come by the house and I'll give you that part for the 625 that I found. Or just text me your mailing info and I'll send it to ya via Post.

It's the return nozzle. I never used it as I installed a VCA random flow Y pipe.
pipe.jpg

This is the VCA adapter I run that eliminates the above pipe.

VCA is supposed to be at the Coral show. If you want one.. Good chance to get it. (Yes, I love spending your money for you.)

rmilyard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about going but since don't have tank up yet and since all my fish and rock in a tube right now might not be best to go. I would be to tempted buy some frags and no place for them.

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@vanpire , if you want to go out of your way, come by the house and I'll give you that part for the 625 that I found. Or just text me your mailing info and I'll send it to ya via Post.

It's the return nozzle. I never used it as I installed a VCA random flow Y pipe.
pipe.jpg

This is the VCA adapter I run that eliminates the above pipe.

VCA is supposed to be at the Coral show. If you want one.. Good chance to get it. (Yes, I love spending your money for you.)
Thanx Ken. I will check the VCA adaptor but I actually prefer a low flow for the return so the VCA won't help me much. I have one on my display now though. Will have to send to you my contact.

OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are everyone's impression of the coral show.

I thought it was a very good one. There were many vendors with quite the variety of corals. This was one of the better shows.

I had an RTN event so I didn't buy many acros, although Amber did talk me into buying two nice but cheap $20 acro frags. Worst case, I am out $40 but they were nice and pretty big.

All the corals were nice, and Bill had the nicest SPS by far.

In addition, there were a large variety of acans, gonis, blastos, chalices, zoas, etc. that

The happiest surprise was that the prices at the show were definitely lower than in previous years at the show (I also noticed this on the reef forum sales). I wouldn't say they were cheap, but just better than I remember.

For example, we saw a really nice, fairly large and well encrusted frag of Homewrecker for $250. Expensive but not compared to previous years. Nope....did not buy it and it was still there when we left.

Overall, I was glad I went to the show. Picked up some Gonis, micromussa, acans and zoas in addition to the cheap acros. I used to love SPS, but it doesn't love me back so I am now into corals that like me and don't leave me.

OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are everyone's impression of the coral show.

I thought it was a very good one. There were many vendors with quite the variety of corals. This was one of the better shows.

I had an RTN event so I didn't buy many acros, although Amber did talk me into buying two nice but cheap $20 acro frags. Worst case, I am out $40 but they were nice and pretty big.

All the corals were nice, and Bill had the nicest SPS by far.

In addition, there were a large variety of acans, gonis, blastos, chalices, zoas, etc. that

The happiest surprise was that the prices at the show were definitely lower than in previous years at the show (I also noticed this on the reef forum sales). I wouldn't say they were cheap, but just better than I remember.

For example, we saw a really nice, fairly large and well encrusted frag of Homewrecker for $250. Expensive but not compared to previous years. Nope....did not buy it and it was still there when we left.

Overall, I was glad I went to the show. Picked up some Gonis, micromussa, acans and zoas in addition to the cheap acros. I used to love SPS, but it doesn't love me back so I am now into corals that like me and don't leave me.
Thank you for the kind words Van. I thought is was a great show all things considered. Steve and Tony did a great job organizing it, and maintaining good safety protocols. One other great piece of news that came out of it is that the CFM will be holding a 2nd show in April of this coming year, so there will be 2 shows next year. One in April, and one in December. I have booked my booths at both of them!

Last edited:

Ef4life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the kind words Van. I thought is was a great show all things considered. Steve and Tone did a great job organizing it, and maintaining good safety protocols. One other great piece of news that came out of it is that the CFM will be holding a 2nd show in April of this coming year, so there will be 2 shows next year. One in April, and one in December. I have booked my booths at both of them!
Oh my!!! 2 shows next year going to start saving now!!!!

but I did have a great time, I spread my money around at a bunch of different vendors, and bought some nice stuff at fairly reasonable prices. And I won the huge green digitata in the raffle!!!!

and it was nice meeting some fellow reefers and putting faces to names.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 71 47.3%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back