Coral for sand bed

itz_jacob4268

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 28, 2023
Messages
27
Reaction score
10
Location
Lancaster
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s a good coral that I can just stick the plug in the sandbed
 
Favia/favites, chalices, blastos, micro/acans and a wall hammer have all done well on the sand in my tank.
Candy canes were a hard no for me in the sand.
I've seen people with success with gonis and torches in the sand as well. Sometimes it varies between varieties.
 
My personal favorite is putting chalices in areas where the food collects.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new