Coral Fragging Workshop

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to officially thank @ReefQueen and @eleet for all of their hard work yesterday. We would not have been able to do it without their awesome efforts.

I want to Thank John Kovacs for all of his hard work over the years and for once again running this workshop.

I want to thank Elmer's Aquarium for allowing us to use their space and for helping get the word out and for the coral donation.

I want to thank @acer for labeling the 250 cup lids for the coral.

I want to thank @Pola0502ds for helping frag the coral and get the cups ready for the frags.

I want to thank The Reef Gallery for selling us coral at cost and allowing us to us his tank as temporary holding system for the donated coral.

I want to thank Aqua World for the use of a radion light and tank as well as the coral frag donations.

I want to thank Gary and Melinda Spangler for helping fill up the cups and place them arrange the 300 coral frags on the tables.

I would also like to thank Kevin Lark for all of his coral donations. He gave us HUGE awesome high end stuff. I thank the other members who brought coral donations such as but not limited to @fetta Jesse and a few others.

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big thanks to the pres= Jaime. Well done!!

A few pics of my new frags.

IMG_20170423_200201167.jpg

IMG_20170423_200122130.jpg

IMG_20170423_200042471.jpg

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Hybridazn , as predicted.... You were a no show yesterday. Lol...... we are planning to go to Tidal Gardens next month for a club trip. Maybe u can join us.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Hybridazn , as predicted.... You were a no show yesterday. Lol...... we are planning to go to Tidal Gardens next month for a club trip. Maybe u can join us.

Hey hey, I tried to make it. Just not enough hours in the day it seems anymore. Lol

eleet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was so much fun!!! And I walked away with wayyyyy to much coral. Time to set up another tank.

OP
OP
JaimeAdams

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, honestly, while I advise against doing this, I cut up tons of palys and zoas at work on a big saw with no gloves, no face mask, no eye protection. You should certainly be careful and wear gloves and follow precautions. That being said I don't know of any coral retailer or wholesaler that does not have palytoxin in their systems. It is probably rare to even see a mixed reef tank without zoas or palys in it. It certainly has the potential to be dangerous, but so is being outside in a thunderstorm. I am certain that there are more injuries and fatalities from other things than from having some colorful zoas in your tank.

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done it as well. Just thought it was interesting that i found the video , just after we talked about it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back