coral fusion and morphs

Everything Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been researching grafted caps and how world wide corals fuses corals. I sort have wanted to try this out with a green and red cap. Anyone done this with any corals. Also how do all the online store make new morphs of corals, especially zoas. Thanks everyone

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most zoa "morphs" are not true morphs. They are simply changes in the coloration or pattern of the zoas that are temporary. While it is hard to predict, you can achieve the same effect yourself if you were to grow out your zoas in one area, then move them to an are with different lighting and flow (or change the lighting completely). A portion of the zoas will be unaffected and a portion of the zoas will "morph". In this case, these changes are temporary and last a few months or even a year in some cases, but the zoa usually returns back to baseline (baseline is relative depending on lighting). Some sellers of coral use the term morph loosely- this is why it's not uncommon for some hobbyists to be sold a "rare morph" only to learn their zoa is simply on the spectrum of possible presentations of a more common zoa. Before buying any morphs, it's always a safe idea to do research and ensure you understand what you are buying and seek independent confirmation beyond relying on what the seller is telling you.

With regard to the caps- are you looking to fuse your caps or graft your caps?

OP
OP
Everything Aquatics

Everything Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most zoa "morphs" are not true morphs. They are simply changes in the coloration or pattern of the zoas that are temporary. While it is hard to predict, you can achieve the same effect yourself if you were to grow out your zoas in one area, then move them to an are with different lighting and flow (or change the lighting completely). A portion of the zoas will be unaffected and a portion of the zoas will "morph". In this case, these changes are temporary and last a few months or even a year in some cases, but the zoa usually returns back to baseline (baseline is relative depending on lighting). Some sellers of coral use the term morph loosely- this is why it's not uncommon for some hobbyists to be sold a "rare morph" only to learn their zoa is simply on the spectrum of possible presentations of a more common zoa. Before buying any morphs, it's always a safe idea to do research and ensure you understand what you are buying and seek independent confirmation beyond relying on what the seller is telling you.

With regard to the caps- are you looking to fuse your caps or graft your caps?

id want to try to fuse and mabye try to graft them

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back