Coral Help needed here..........

  • Thread starter Thread starter Carz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Carz

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 26, 2018
Messages
548
Reaction score
403
Location
Oakdale, PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the past few days my corals have been not opening at all. Not sure what is going on or what to do so any help would be great. Here are my tank parameters and they have been this way for the past few weeks. The only thing I added recently was Mag to raise a bit. I am dosing ALK, Cal, Kalk, Phos and Nitrate as normal for the past few months. I feed reef roids on Tuesday and feed RedSea AB+ on Thursdays.

PH= 7.96
SG= 1.025
Temp= 78.2
ALK= 8.9
CAL= 420
Mag= 1350
Nit= 9.2
Phos= .04
These are sitting in the PAR reading of 116 and 119 and they have been in this spot for 2 months.

Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 3.49.00 PM.png
 
Looks like an Alvepora and a Gonipora. Did they come healthy when you recived them? I think a big factor with Gonipora and Alvepora is their condition when it first comes into your tank. If it's not that maybe you could try a KFC dip and see if that helps them. I have 2 Gonnipora and one I received very healthy and the other I received on the mend. the healthy one is doing really good, but the mending one is slowly starting to get better.
 
they were healthy and have been in the tank for a good bit now. Just stared
Maybe you could try to feed your Goni’s some Amino Acids. Try to hold off on the reef roids a little bit. Do you have any other corals?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new