Coral hitchhiker identifying

  • Thread starter Thread starter Weevo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Weevo

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 14, 2017
Messages
674
Reaction score
289
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Came on a piece of live rock and not sure what it is and I want to get rid of it because it's getting to big and going to touch others soon. Second picture is when it is closed

20170917_124911.jpg


20170916_200413.jpg
 
How would I go about removal. Rock cannot come out of water. Can I scrape it off at the base then attach to a plug?
 
You can cut it off at the base and put it on the plug. Then you can try to remove the residual from the rock. A new coral can grow with some of the stalk left behind.
 
Shoot if you don't want it, save it for a while and I take it off your hands lol!
 
A very nice hitchhiker
 
Thanks DSC reef. New saltwater guy, where you located? Might just give it to ya
 
Arkansas...
I don't have a tank setup right now LOL so if you want to give it away right away, then I cant take it right yet... :( sadly
 
your lucky they only hitchhiker I've found was a gorilla crab. It was quickly disposed of.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new